Julie Tipsmark Matsuzawa
1. Who are you?
Hey! Julie here. I am a 21 year old, Danish-Japanese student in Groningen
2. What do you do?
I just finished my first year studying CIS and now I’m chilling in my summer house in Ebeltoft (Denmark)
3. Why are you a member of Commotie?
I originally signed up to become a member way before I got to Groningen. It felt like a natural thing to do since I was going to start the CIS programme. Natalie was the person who convinced me to become an active member though.
4. Are you an active member as well?
Yes, I was head of layout with Maire in AlmanacCee :)
5. How do you friends call you?
Most people call me Julie. Some call me Jules, or Julle (in danish)
6. To which animal do you relate the most?
Probably a dog…I like treats and praise from people lol
7. Which activity of Commotie is most memorable?
That’s a hard one but I think really like the laid-back moments the most. The moments where we can just talk and have a coffee or drink together.
8. What are you most proud of? I guess I’m most proud of how I have been able to overcome all sorts of challenges outside of my comfort zone. My confidence and thinking habits have improved a lot. While getting older low key gives me a crisis, I’m more at peace each year.
9. What is your favourite spot in Groningen?
I don’t think I have specific spot but the cafes and bookstores here are quite cozy…I also like my studio haha
10. What did you want to be when growing up?
Apparently, I used to say I wanted to be an actor and a doctor at the same time. Generally, I’ve always been attracted to the idea of creating and performing (visual artist, singer/musician, film etc). I got a bit shy growing up and a small part of me still dreams about it. As for the doctor part, I know that I wanted to help people in someway, luckily there are many ways to do that.
11. What is your favourite way of spending your free time?
Oooh well I love watching movies. There are so many good classics from the 80s. I could also completely lose myself in drawing, or spending hours watching YouTube videos on music, space, the ocean, and learning about other random stuff. I also like spending time in nature, especially beaches or near the sea. Quality time with friends and family too, of course.
12. What ability do you really want to have?
- An unbreakable sense of discipline so I could improve my skills further in all my hundreds of hobbies and projects I started at some point.
- Teleportation 100% because Denmark and Japan are too far apart. I would want to be able to go anywhere, anytime. Also if I forget something I can easily go back to get it.
13. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Supporting morally ambiguous characters in books and movies might be the biggest one for me…they are interesting and challenging to follow and refreshing because they don’t always do what is expected. They are not always the easiest characters to defend though haha
14. What don’t you like?
cold lighting, walking up early, and arrogant people. Separately and together, I would want to run away.
15. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I don’t really know but balance in everything is key!
16. Which Commotie member would you vote for to become president? Sophie J, I feel like she would be an effective leader who would be attentive to all type of citizens.
17. Which two members of Commotie should go on a date?
No idea lol
18. To whom do you want to pass the keyboard and why?
I would like to pass the keyboard to Maire. She is a wonderful and sweet person :)