1. Who are you?
Hii, my name is Kim Strijkveen, I’m 19 years old and from a small town named Broekland but now I live in Groningen.
2. What do you do?
I just finished the first year of CIS, and I will continue in the second year of it after the summer break. I work at the shoe store ‘Ziengs’ and also at a restaurant named ‘de Kruidentuin’. And, not to forget, I love being creative and make drawings.
3. Why are you a member of Commotie?
To meet new people and do fun activities together.
4. Are you an active member as well?
Yes! I’m part of SoCee.
5. How do you friends call you?
Kimmie or Kimmeling.
6. To which animal do you relate the most?
I think I relate the most to a butterfly. It has colorful wings and I love to wear color. My closet is a rainbow, but mostly in pastels. They also seem free and flying where they want, that’s also me, doing what I want.
7. Which activity of Commotie is most memorable?
For now, that will be the cocktail workshop, because that was a fun activity in real life. Looking forward to more activities without limitations.
8. What are you most proud of?
The fact that I have amazing friends and family surrounding me.
9. What is your favorite spot in Groningen?
Mr Smiths Loft! Love their cocktails. Found the spot in the Keiweek with my friends and had great evenings over there.
10. What did you want to be when growing up?
Uhm yea, I was quite ambitious I would say. Teacher, dancer, singer, hairdresser, interior architect, make-up artist, doctor (cancelled because I don’t feel well when I see blood haha), lawyer, manager.
11. What is your favorite way of spending your free time?
Come up with a spontaneous fun plan and go for it, drawing, day-dreaming.
12. What ability do you really want to have?
The ability to play instruments, for example guitar and piano, and speak different languages like Spanish or Italian.
13. What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
Eating loose slices of cheese while watching Netflix. Oops.
14. What don’t you like?
Lying and people not being treated fair.
15. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I will be participating in creative education, for now I think Design.
16. Which Commotie member would you vote for to become president?
Amy-Lynn, I like her way of thinking.
17. Which two members of Commotie should go on a date?
Trust me I’m not so good at being a wingman as I say I am.
18. To whom do you want to pass the keyboard and why?
I want to pass the keyboard to Anna Kunkel, she has amazing style and sense of humor <3.