The board of Commotie gets advice and support of two important advisory bodies. These bodies are the Advisory Council and the Audit Committee.
The Advisory Council offers support and gives advice to the board in case of problems or difficult decisions. There are at least four meetings a year between the board and the Advisory Council. During these meetings, policy and financial documents are discussed. More information about the Advisory Council can be found in The Regulations of the Advisory Council.
The Advisory Council consists of former board members, people from the working field of communication and people from the study CIS like the study advisor. At this moment the Advisory Council consists of the following persons:
- Chairman: Nanno Siegers (VOOR Communication)
- John Hoeks (lecturer Communication and Information Studies)
- Eline Luchtenberg (Provincie Groningen)
- Avin Ghafor (Chairman board of 2019-2020)
- Nena Willemsen (Secretary board of 2019-2020)
- Vera van der Meer (Chairman board of 2020-2021)
- Yente Visser (Secretary board of 2020-2021)
The Audit Committee is involved with the financial management of Commotie. She audits the accounting regularly and also approves the financial statement. More information about the tasks and rights of the audit committee can be found in the regulations of this committee.
At this moment, the audit committee consists of the following members:
- Jamyro Haurissa (treasurer board Commotie 2018-2019)
- Henry Hornung (treasurer board Commotie 2020-2021)
- Nóra Kardos (treasurer board IK 2020-2021)