WASTE Communication Internship
WASTE is an NGO based in the Hague, specialized in urban and peri-urban sanitation, solid waste and the sustainable financing of emerging markets in these sectors. WASTE has a solid base of more than 35 years of experience and has an extensive network in more than 11 low- and middle-income countries in Asia and Africa. WASTE manages a multi-million portfolio focusing on value chain improvements in waste and sanitation—setting up systems that supports local governments, small and medium sized businesses, financial institutions and community initiatives. WASTE is seeking a Communications intern to assist in the organisation’s strategy implementation and event production.
Purpose of the internship
The intern will assist the WASTE Communications Portfolio Manager through the scope of work as described below.
The intern will be responsible for:
- Organizing communications materials and events
- Assist in collecting, organising, selecting and making use of powerful images, video and stories online (website, social media)
- Assist in event/presentation preparations
- Content generation and social media
- Assist in creating and sharing simple but effective infographics
- Assist in locating and creating content from WASTE’s country programmes
- General tasks
- Support WASTE to prepare materials and content for major activities, launches, and media outreach
- Support and collaborate with WASTE’s various programme teams both in the Netherlands and internationally
- Support internal office communications – Provide other support and assistance as required, including preparation and proofreading of documents, and helping with correspondence and research
Duration of assignment, location, travel
- The internship will be for a period of maximum 6 months, minimally 3 months. Availability to start immediately preferrable.
- The internship will be renumerated at €300 per month.
- Applicants must reside in the Netherlands and be in possession of a valid Dutch work permit.
- The internship will be mostly remote, necessary attendance of some office days in the Hague as agreeable by Supervisor and Intern.
- The internship will not require international travel.
Profile of the intern
- Currently enrolled in or having recently completed a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Journalism, Communications, Arts, Information Communications Technology, International Relations or other related fields. Interest/experience in sustainable development, thematic topics of water/sanitation/hygiene (WASH), waste management, circular economy, business development/entrepreneurship, financing.
- Demonstrable skills in analytical thinking, communications and research.
- Written and spoken proficiency as well as good writing and editing skills in English. Dutch and/or French speaking and writing skills a plus.
- Proficient in computer skills, experience with WordPress, graphic design programmes a plus.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure within an international setting.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and to establish and maintain good working relations with individuals of different cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to perform a variety of administrative tasks.
To apply, please submit a motivational letter (no more than 1 A4 page) and your CV (no more than 2 pages) to Lauren Pope, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line COMMUNICATIONS INTERN APPLICATION. For further information on WASTE’s work, please visit www.waste.nl.
The closing date for submission of applications is 19 July 2021. Interviews will be held shortly after.