AA Photo & Videography Swaziland
Photo and Videography, Swaziland
AA community development and wildlife research organization was founded in 2004. Combining internships/volunteer work in social development, conservation and education with adventure tours.
Looking for something to make your portfolio stand out? This internship will allow you to work in an international setting with our team creating photos and short videos for marketing or fundraising purposes in Swaziland.
Category: Photography and Videography
Project duration: Ongoing
Minimum length of stay: 2 weeks till max. 12 weeks (longer only possible in combination with project neighbouring country)
Starting period: 1st Monday of the month year round (Please ensure that your flight arrives BEFORE 1:00 pm). Project closed in December!
Number of students: 1-4
Photography, Videography, Marketing, Multi Media, Communication, Digital Marketing
Interns have the flexibility to create their own schedule with the local partner, and together create a plan of action of goals to achieve whilst working together. For this reason, it is important that the word “partner” remain key throughout the experience. Interns have expertise to offer, however all goals should be created together with the staff so the outcomes are sustainable even after the intern returns home.
Goal: Work together with AA staff and their community projects in terms of promoting their work.
Role of the intern:
We do not expect our interns to take on a job position, but rather take on the role of advisor; offering advice, suggestions and assistance in creating strategies that will make long term impacts.
The role will involve reporting to the Marketing coordinator to assist with photo and video stock for marketing and/or fundraising needs. Your videos and photos will be used on our website, social media pages and on our other marketing materials.
Specific activities (Some of the activities you may get involved in may vary by season):
● Photographing projects & interns in action
● Creating video “trailers” of our projects for our website
● Creating video or photo blogs of your experience
● Interviewing staff or interns about their experiences
Supervision: assigned Mentor on at least Bachelor level
Workspace for intern: Lodge in Swaziland
Let’s Go Africa intern/volunteer packages include:
- Suitable project with project description according to all criteria
- Pre-departure introduction & safety meeting
- Visa application (and extension) assistance + flight booking assistance
- Accommodation in award winning Lodge in Swaziland
- 3 meals a day (some on a self-serve basis and others cooked for you)
- Airport pick-up Johannesburg for Swaziland project
- In-country introduction regarding country, project and your role
- Experienced and qualified supervisor and contact person constantly available
- Interaction with local community and experiencing the local culture
- Support and guidance from the moment of registration until return back home
- Country information brochure
- Informal feedback session
- Certificate (proof of participation)
Your project fee goes towards a company you can trust, an experience that is worthwhile and an opportunity that will make a positive and sustainable impact on the community.
4 wks: €1608
5 wks: €1841
6 wks: €2075
7 wks: €2308
8 wks: €2391
9 wks: €2606
10 wks: €2822
11 wks: €3036
12 wks: €3251
- Fully Self-funded, however we do encourage fundraising or crowdfunding
- Passionate, reliable and capable in your field
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Proactive and take initiative
Please send an email to email@example.com if you want to register or have any questions